Effective Date: September 10, 2018
Migo is all about connecting you and your friends with a perfect way from A to B. To do this we need to collect some information about you and, to make the process smooth, send some of your personal information to our transportation services partners when it’s their service that you use. Migo does not use your information other than to make sure you have a great ride with our partner providers or to email you updates. In both cases, we will first ask your permission, because here at Migo, we take your privacy seriously.
Information We Collect
- Information You Provide to Us. You may give us your Personal Information directly, for example, when you fill in forms on Migo, correspond with us (like by email or chat), register to use Migo, download our mobile applications or create an account, use Migo to book transportation services or rate services, share data via Migo's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion, or survey or report a problem with Migo. The Personal Information you give us directly may include your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Username and password
- Account information for existing accounts with our Partners
- Payment information
- Information We Collect When You Use The Migo Platform. Each time you log onto your account or use Migo, we may, in some cases automatically, collect the following information:
- Device Information. We may collect information from or through the device you use to connect to Migo, including, for example, the type of device, the IP address, the approximate location derived from an IP address, the mobile network, the operating system and version, the browser and version or the time zone setting or unique device identifiers (such as IDFA, Android Advertising or statistical IDs).
- Log Information. We automatically receive and record certain details about your use of Migo, including but not limited to, web traffic data, web logs and communication data, trip details such as trip duration, distance, trip amount and other information about your activity on Migo.
- Precise Location. If you permit Migo to access location services, we may collect precise location from your device through GPS, WiFi, cell phone signals or other technologies. We also collect location information that you share with us during your use of Migo, such as pick-up, drop-off or bookmarked street addresses. We do not collect your location information while you are not using Migo.
- Web Beacons. Migo or the emails that you receive from The Migo Platform may use an application known as a "web beacon" (also known as a "clear gif" or "pixel tag"). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image and can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
- Other Information We Collect from Other Sources:
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, participating transportation providers, providers in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers), and we may receive information about you from them.
- If you also choose to connect your social network accounts and login credentials to your Migo account, such as through Facebook, Google and/or Twitter, we may receive information about you or your social network connections and contacts and you are permitting us to use and store that information related to the account.
- We may partner with certain third parties to collect the Other Information and to engage in analysis, auditing, research and reporting or for use in providing online interest-based advertising on our behalf. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies or similar technologies on your device.
How We Use Information about You
Migo uses the information that we collect from you:
- To Provide Our Services to You and Improve Migo. We also forward trip information to and from participating transportation providers and to provide customer support to our users. We also may use Personal Information to improve Migo, such as to improve travel recommendations and estimates, determine popular travel times and locations and improve routes.
- To Contact You. Subject to applicable law, we or our third-party service and business providers may send you communications. Such communications are designed to make your Migo experience more efficient and may include, but are not limited to: notifications about Migo and services (including important news that could affect your relationship with us), reminders about your scheduled rides, alerts about potential available rides, communications about promotions and new and existing features. These types of communications may also contain commercial messages, such as banner ads and special offers. By using Migo, you consent to the receipt of such communications.
- To Manage Our Business. We use Other Information to help us efficiently operate Migo, to count and recognize visitors to Migo, to enable certain features on Migo and for other purposes related to managing our business.
- For Analytics and to Improve Migo. For Analytics and to Improve Migo. We use Other Information to analyze how visitors use Migo and its features, to improve Migo and enhance users'experiences, to create new products and services or improve our existing products and services and to enable additional analytics and research concerning Migo.
- To Connect You with Products, Services, or Promotions from Our Business Partners. We may use and disclose Personal Information to our third-party business partners when you purchase, register, or make reservations for products or services offered or sponsored by such third parties on Migo. We also may use or share your Personal Information when you elect to receive communications (such as emails, text messages or mail) from third parties or participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs) offered or sponsored by third parties on Migo.
- To Provide Social Networking and Other Sharing Features. To Provide Social Networking and Other Sharing Features. We may use Personal Information to enable social networking features, to allow you to comment on Migo, to report an issue about a trip, to find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you) and in connection with other sharing features.
- For Legal Purposes. For Legal Purposes. We may use and share Personal Information for legal purposes, including as described below in the section titled "How We Share Information with Third Parties".
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your Personal Information and Other Information:
- With Transportation Partners. To operate Migo, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on Migo, we share your Personal Information with our agents, participating transportation providers, representatives, contractors and other service providers. These service providers may provide us with support services such as origination of communications, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services and order fulfillment. Please note that these services have their own privacy policies and the privacy policies of those providers will apply to You when you are using their services.
- With Third-Parties through their Websites and Services. Migo may enable you to share information directly on or through websites or online services operated by third parties. For example, Migo may contain links to third-party websites that incorporate comment, chat room, forum or other social media features. Migo also contains a Facebook "like" button and a Twitter "follow" button. If you choose to use these features, you may disclose your information not just to those third-party websites and services, but also to their users and the public more generally.
- For Legal Purposes. We may disclose your Personal Information and Other Information when we believe that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law;
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party or to cooperate with law enforcement;
- establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- facilitate a transfer, sale, financing, securitization, insuring, assignment, bankruptcy or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
- Aggregated Information. From time to time, Migo may also share anonymized and aggregated information about users of Migo, such as by publishing a report or providing information to our business partners on trends in the usage of Migo and demographic of users.
Opt out: If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Migo, please follow the opt-out instructions contained in each such communication or any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may not be able to opt-out of certain non-marketing messages about your account or that are necessary to provide the services to you and opting-out of receiving text messages or push notifications may impact your use of Migo or may limit Migo's ability to provide services to you.
Profile Information and Payment Information with Transportation Providers: Your profile and payment information is shared on an opt-in basis by you when accessing a new transportation service. If you do not want Migo to share your Personal Information transportation service partners you may opt out of such sharing by using the deep link functionality in Migo to hail or reserve a ride, rather than the “Reserve Now” function. Your method for accessing partner services can always be changed in the ‘Settings’ section of the Migo app.
Your Migo Profile is password-protected. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Migo staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any account information, including your password.
Access and Editing Your Information: Migo provides you with the ability to view, update, access, edit and correct your Personal Information. To update your Personal Information, log-into your account. Our databases automatically update any Personal Information you edit in your profile or that you request we edit. We will comply with all requests regarding access and/or correction of the information is stores in accordance with applicable law.
You may have additional rights under applicable law to access information we hold about you but any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To inquire about such rights, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Children's Privacy: Migo is not directed at children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information we will take steps to delete that information. The only exception is information given to us by a parent or legal guardian of a child, who maintains that information inside their own account expressly for the purposes of providing transportation services to that child. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.